In the past 10 years, we have donated more than $83,000 in scholarships and equipment to deserving programs and to graduating students that are pursuing education in health-care fields. In 2021 we offered $5,000 scholarship monies for homeless students through the Schoolhouse Link program at the Safe Children Coalition (SCC). We were also able to provide SCC with $30,000 for the purchase of a van to transport the children in its care as well as funds for its upkeep.
Recent contributions include:
- $2,100 to the Florida Disaster Fund to assist with Hurricane Ian hardships
- $8,550 to State College of Florida’s acclaimed nursing program, which will fund the $570 start-up fee for 15 students, two years in a row
- $2,000 to All Faiths Food Bank during its matching Campaign Against Summer Hunger program
- $500 to the Sarasota NAMI chapter for mental health support in honor of Doctors’ Day
- Gift cards to SPARCC for its Holiday Wish List
- In 2020, the Alliance purchased a new minivan for the Safe Children Coalition youth shelter
- Virtual Wellness online symposium featured experts on enhancing our well-being
The Alliance is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year. This is a huge milestone for any organization, and I think it shows the dedication that SCMSA has had to our members and our community. Please contact us if you are ready to get involved our just interested.
- We hold educational and social events for members and spouses for networking, camaraderie, and support within the medical community, including Doctors’ Day Happy Hour, Fall Coffee, holiday gathering, and general education meetings.
- The Alliance has sponsored a monthly or twice-monthly book club for over 35 years. monthly Bunco evening get-togethers for over 20 years.
- Our annual Holiday Sharing Card is a great way to send holiday wishes to your friends in the medical community.